Created in 2008 by Fondation Mérieux, the GABRIEL Network is an international non-profit network dedicated to research and training in the field of laboratory-based surveillance of infectious diseases.
- Christophe Mérieux Centre of Infectiology (Laos)
- Christophe Mérieux Laboratory (China)
- International Centre for Diarrheal Disease Research (Bangladesh)
- Institute for Developing Science and Health Initiatives (Bangladesh)
- Molecular Microbiology Laboratory (Lebanon)
- Mongolian Academy of Medical Sciences (Mongolia)
- RML of the Faculty of Pharmacy, Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
The GABRIEL network's objective is to enhance health research capacity in developing countries by implementing research projects, particularly in the fields of Lower Respiratory Tract Infections and Tuberculosis drug resistance. Laboratories from developed and developing countries work jointly on infectious diseases research projects with significant impact on public health. The network also supports epidemiological studies in order to improve the surveillance of circulating pathogens.
The GABRIEL network follows the principles described in the GABRIEL network charter.